As teams that are going to be in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV, SNK has come to realize an issue: None of those teams have a GIANT DINOSAUR MAN on their team! Well, thanks to Team Mexico, well that has been fixed that right up!
The tyrannosaur-man is known as the King of Dinosaurs and he’s ready to lead Team Mexico to fame and glory. To be honest, not much is known about the mysterious KOD, but we do know he’s a professional wrestler with a mysterious past, who’s fighting in the tournament for a personal matter. Seriously though, when you’re dressed like a dinosaur, is backstory really all that important? All you need to know is that he’s literally a giant man in a dinosaur costume who bites, claws, and tosses his opponents around like a rag doll. Since the Dinosaur can’t win the tournament alone, he’s enlisted the help of the fiery Angel and mighty Ramon. Angel is a former assassin of NESTS who boasts superhuman strength that allows her to deal some devastating damage. With a vicious combination of Muay Thai strikes and astounding pro wrestling moves, it’ll be tough to outshine her in the tournament. Well, unless you’re the legendary luchador Ramon a.k.a. “The Mightiest Tiger.” The confident Ramon wants to compete for the love of the “sport,” and wants to assist the King of Dinosaurs in his personal quest by throwing down some of his signature moves in the ring.
Ramon is an influential luchador (Mexican pro-wrestler) who has been called the “strongest human alive”, and is known for his always cheerful and frank personality. Although small for a fighter, he toys with his opponents by utilizing his agility and skilful throws.
Angel is a modified human of the secret organization NESTS. Her fighting style is called “Perfunctory” and uses a succession of complex attacks called “Unchained” that make for unrivalled power in close-combat. She has many unusual behaviours as well as an elusive personality.
KING OF DINOSAURS
King of Dinosaurs is a mysterious heel wrestler; a villainous fighter who wears a tyrannosaurus mask. While his true identity is unknown, King of Dinosaurs is capable of taking down seasoned martial artists with his powerful wrestling moves. Countless scars engraved upon his body also remain a mystery.
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be £49.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook® case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players!
The King of Fighters XIV “Burn to Fight” Premium Edition includes the following for:
- SteelBook® – The game disc will be encased in a collectible SteelBook® emblazoned with the series’ fiery mainstay, Kyo Kusanagi, literally burning to fight.
- Art book – This 144-page art book will be filled with original character/stage drawings from throughout the series.
- 3-Disc Soundtrack – Those looking for an audio fix will be able to enjoy a three-disc soundtrack (housed in a gorgeous Mai Shiranui illustrated case) comprised of 60+ electric songs worthy of the greatest fighting tournament in the world.
- Collector’s Box – All the above items will be packaged in a scorching box adorned with familiar characters.