To help players get ready for the upcoming release of NieR: Automata, Square Enix Ltd., today released a new video that showcases some of the various RPG elements that feature in the game. The video highlights several gameplay systems, skills and features that provide depth to the game’s fast-paced action.
Showcased elements include:
- “Reliquary” System – Players can return to where their characters were defeated to gain additional buffs, or even gain an ally to assist in their battle against the fearsome machines.
- 17 Different Pod Skills – Using “Pods,” your mini-robot companions, players can not only temporarily hover or be thrown distances to access additional areas, but each Pod can be programmed with a variety of offensive and defense skills, including lasers, hammers, and more. By using up to three Pods at the same time, players can also charge their skills to make them up to three times stronger.
- “Plug-in-Chip” System – By installing chips into your android body, players can increase damage and add skills to help survive against enemies.
- Riding System – Players can ride boars and other wildlife for quicker travel, while also using them to attack.
- Quest Hub – As players immerse themselves in the desolate world, they can take on a variety of sub-quests from multiple Quest Hubs scattered throughout.
- Fishing Mini-game – Players can catch a variety of fish through this mini-game to sell or gain temporary beneficial status effect.
NieR: Automata is developed by SQUARE ENIX and PlatinumGames Inc. and will be available on 10th March 2017 for the PlayStation 4. A free playable demo is also available to download now from: http://bit.ly/2k9txbV.
To pre-order from the PlayStation Store now, visit: http://bit.ly/2k38XYg.