2K today announced that NBA 2K17, the next iteration of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation series*, is now available for purchase at retail and online vendors in Europe. Continuing the success of one of the most dominant entertainment franchises over the last decade, NBA 2K17 introduces an all-new MyCAREER storyline featuring award winning actor Michael B. Jordan, in addition to the most realistic on-court NBA simulation to date. Additionally, fans that participated in “The Prelude”, a free downloadable experience available prior to launch, can continue their MyCAREER experience onward today as they progress through the NBA Draft and to their NBA team.
“We’re thrilled to deliver an even more ambitious and authentic basketball experience inNBA 2K17,” said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “Both new fans and NBA 2Kveterans will have the most comprehensive experience in our franchise’s history, starting with an unparalleled MyCAREER showcase placing gamers throughout a unique, compelling storyline.”
NBA 2K17 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC delivers dynamic new features including:
- Best in Class Gameplay: NBA 2K17 puts shot creation and making in your hands like never before. Advanced Skill Shooting gives you complete control over the power and aim of your perimeter shots as well as your ability to finish inside the paint.
- USA Basketball: Take the court as Team USA with Coach K on the sidelines, or relive the glory of the ’92 Dream Team. Earn USAB MyTEAM cards and gear up your MyPLAYER with official USAB wearables.
- MyCAREER: It’s all-new and all about basketball in 2K17 – and you’re in control. Your on-court performance and career decisions lead to different outcomes as you determine your path through an immersive new narrative, featuring Michael B. Jordan. Additionally, new player controls give you unparalleled supremacy on the court.
- Unrivaled Presentation: The most realistic and dynamic in-game commentary to date featuring the most broadcasting talent ever assembled in a sports game, including new additions Chris Webber, Steve Smith, David Aldridge & Brent Barry. For the first time in a sports videogame, broadcast teams will change from game to game to ensure a unique experience each time you play.
- 2K BEATS: Imagine Dragons, Grimes, Noah “40” Shabib of OVO Sound and Michael B. Jordan curate another electric 2K soundtrack, featuring 50 songs.
- MyNBA2K17 Mobile Companion Application: Available for free in the App Store for iOS and on Google Play for Android, MyNBA2K17 directly connects players to the console version of NBA 2K17, including the debut of all-new face simulation technology, enabling fans to bring their visual appearance in-game.
“We couldn’t be more excited to celebrate the launch of NBA 2K17 as the franchise continues to set the standard for sports simulation authenticity,” said Alfie Brody, VP of Marketing for NBA 2K. “We consistently challenge ourselves to bring our fans new, compelling ways to connect with our brand and, more importantly, each other through an unparalleled digital experience that will be found in this year’s title.”
The NBA 2K17 Standard Edition is now available in both digital and physical formats for £54.99 on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 , and Windows PC platforms. The NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition is also available in digital and physical formats for £74.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 system.
Also available is the NBA 2K17 Kobe Bryant Legend Edition Gold offering fans the ultimate value at £79.99 with all of the regular NBA 2K17 Legend Edition contents plus bonus items. All fans who pre-ordered any version of NBA 2K17 received their copy at Early Tip-Off four days early, September 16.