Today, Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that the Titanfall® 2 Open Multiplayer Technical Test will be available across two weekends in August for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Fans will be able to get their hands on the fast, fluid, Pilot and Titan gameplay that is at the core of the Titanfall experience while helping the team at Respawn test the Titanfall 2servers and backend systems prior to the games release on October 28thworldwide.
It all starts the weekend of Friday, August 19th, where fans will be able to play two exciting new Titanfall 2 multiplayer modes across two maps:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
During the second weekend of the Titanfall 2 open multiplayer technical test, all the content from the previous weekend will still be available, plus a brand new mode and map for players to enjoy:
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
During the open multiplayer technical test, fans will have access to two all-new Titans: Ion and Scorch, as well as a range of Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. Fans will also have access to a variety of weapons including a deadly horizontal spread shotgun known as the Masttiff and the Alternator, a dual-barrel SMG.
In addition, players are encouraged to try out Networks, a brand new feature in Titanfall 2 that makes finding and playing with friends fast and easy. To learn more about the Titanfall 2 Open Multiplayer Technical Test, head over to www.titanfall.com for all the details.
To see the first live multiplayer gameplay from Titanfall 2 be sure to tune into the Titanfall 2 Factions livestream starting at 7pm BST/ 8pm CET on August 16 at https://www.twitch.tv/titanfall . The Titanfall 2 Factions livestream will see some of the biggest names in the Titanfall community facing off for bragging rights on the Frontier.
Titanfall 2 is crafted by one of the co-creators of Call of Duty and other key designers behind the Call of Duty franchise, and is set to build on the foundation Respawn established with the first Titanfall – fast, fluid, fun gameplay between Pilots and Titans. Titanfall 2 will also mark the debut of a crafted single player experience that explores the unique bond between man and machine. Playable offline, the single player campaign in Titanfall 2 will let fans step out onto the Frontier as a Militia rifleman with aspirations of becoming an elite Pilot. Stranded behind enemy lines and facing overwhelming odds, players must team up with a veteran Titan to uphold a mission they were never meant to carry out.
Fans wanting to hit The Frontier first on October 28 can pre-order Titanfall 2now at Titanfall.com. For those looking to have the ability to customize every titan day one, the Titanfall 2 Deluxe Edition offers day-one access to exclusive Warpaints and Nose Arts, two camouflages, and more.*